- 1 onion, diced and sauteed in olive oil.
- 1 Russet potato, sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper and browned in olive oil.
- 4 or 6 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 1 cup of cheese, such as cheddar, gruyere, or fontina, grated
- chives or scallions to taste
- Make a basic pizza dough using your favorite recipe.
- Form two (or more) individual pizza rounds with a raised edge and parbake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450F.
- Layer onions, potatoes and bacon and divide between pizza crusts.
- Crack 2 eggs on top of each pizza and break yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake until eggs are set and crust is golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives, scallions or any other herb you prefer.
Vegetarians can eliminate the bacon and substitute any sautéed vegetable, such as kale or swiss chard.