- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for serving
- 1/4 Nduja sausage without skin, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 Vidalia Spanish onion chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti, cooked until al dente
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- grated aged Parmigiano Reggiano for serving
- 2 hard-boiled Madura Farm chicken eggs, chopped
- Purée the tomatoes to a smooth, creamy consistency in a food processor or with an immersion blender; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the Nduja Sausage and sauté 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Vidalia onion; sauté 1 minute.
- Add the puréed tomatoes, basil, and salt to taste.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir well and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until the sauce darkens and thickens.
- Toss with just-cooked pasta. Garnish with a sprinkling of parsley, chopped hard-boiled egg, cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.