Corn Relish and Red Pepper Salad
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups corn cut from the cob (about 2 ears)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- juice of 2 limes
- 1⁄2 cup corn relish or corn salsa
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the corn, bell pepper, zucchini and cumin and season with salt to taste. Toss to distribute evenly and cook until the corn is just cooked, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer the corn mixture to a large serving bowl.
- Using the same skillet, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, black beans, lime juice and relish. Mix well, transfer into a bowl or container and allow to cool to room temperature. (Refrigerate if making ahead).
- When ready to serve, combine the corn and relish, add the avocado, cilantro and hot sauce to taste, toss well.
Photo by Jamie Prescott