- 1 large Hepworth Farms eggplant (peel in strips, leaving some skin), slice into 1/4-inch rounds
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes, slice into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 bunch of basil, sliced thin
- 3 anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- extra virgin olive oil as needed
- balsamic vinegar as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese and basil (reserve a small amount of basil for garnish). Season to taste.
- Season eggplant with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar (approximately 3:1 oil to vinegar). Grill the eggplant on both sides.
- Season tomatoes with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- On 4 plates, stack eggplant, goat cheese and tomatoes in that order (2 to 3 layers of each).
- Combine anchovies and butter in a small saucepan over low heat just long enough to melt the butter. Disperse evenly over the four Napoleons and sprinkle with basil.