- 2 ounces Catskill Distilling Company Curious Gin
- ¾ ounce lime cordial (may be adjusted to taste; recipe follows)
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 cup finely strained lime juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 inches fresh ginger, sliced
- (lemongrass and white peppercorns may also be added)
- makes 2 cups
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir until well-chilled, then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a kaffir lime leaf.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the lime juice to a bare simmer.
- Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Add the ginger (and lemongrass and/or peppercorns if using) and gently simmer, 10 to 15 minutes.