Savory Parmigiano Short Dough
- 3 ounces Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 2 1/4 cups of King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces of cold butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds
- pinch cayenne pepper
- In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix butter, flour, cheese, fennel seeds, salt and pepper until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add egg yolks slowly, then add the cream, and then mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes.