- 2 1/2 ounces high-proof rye
- just under 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Delaware Phoenix Walton Waters Absinthe
- Large orange twist
- Fill a rocks glass with water and ice to chill it.
- Combine the rye, simple syrup and bitters in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Discard the ice and water from the rocks glass, then spray or coat the inside with absinthe. Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with the orange twist.