- 1 pound walnut halves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Blanch the nuts in boiling water for 1 minute, drain. While hot toss with oil and sugar.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then place on baking sheet in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When nuts are brown and crispy, place in a bowl and toss with spices.
- Spread to cool and store in an airtight container.