- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 peaches, sliced into wedges
- Heaping 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, for topping
- pinch cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- Butter and flour cake pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, lemon zest, and beat in buttermilk.
- Gently stir in the flour until just combined and pour batter in prepared cake pan.
- Arrange the peaches on top, scatter the fresh blueberries, and finish with a dusting of turbinado sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a tester comes out
- clean. Let cool slightly before removing from cake pan.