Sweet Potato and Apple Hash with Gorgonzola & Fried Eggs
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into a fine 1/4-inch dice
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into a fine dice
- 2–3 apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add sweet potatoes, shallot, cinnamon, paprika and red pepper flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add diced apples and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, crack open eggs and add them to the skillet individually.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover.
- Fry until whites are firm and yolks are slightly runny.
- Place hash on bottom of plate, top with eggs and sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola.
The acidity of the Gorgonzola balances the sweetness of the apples and the sweet potatoes, then the richness of the egg brings it together. It’s a nice seasonal, cool-weather dish. We have a huge rotating list of specials, and we try to keep them as seasonal as possible and this is one of our fall favorites.