- 1 pound sushi-quality tuna (bluefin, never ahi), cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/4 cup soy vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- pinch furikake
- salt, finely ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup seaweed salad
- 1 mango cubed (ripe, but not mushy)
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (3 Crabs or Squid brands)
- 2 1/2 cups canola oil
Whisk all ingredients for soy vinaigrette together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place tuna chunks in a medium bowl, toss with chopped cilantro if using.
- Add soy vinaigrette, mix gently.
- Add a pinch or two of furikake. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch diameter plastic or metal food tube (available at kitchen supply outlets), layer about 1/2 inch of each ingredient into the tube (in order, bottom to top): seaweed salad (can be switched with avocado for a different look); mango; tuna; avocado. Tamp down slightly to insure a nice cylinder when you remove the tube.
- Place tubed poke on plate, gently lift off tube so cylinder stays upright. Splash with soy vinaigrette.