Violet King Cocktail
Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey from Tuthilltown Spirits, with its “notes of marzipan and roasted corn,” is a good match for sweet violets.
violet flowers (gently rinsed and dried on paper towels)
1 teaspoon Crème de Violette (violet liqueur)
1 jigger Tuthilltown Spirits Baby Bourbon Whiskey
In an Old Fashioned glass, stir violet liquor and whiskey together. Add a violet ice cube (see below) face up and serve.
To make violet ice cubes:
- Boil and cool the distilled water (this will make crystal-clear cubes).
- Fill a silicone ice cube tray (large, 2-inch-square cubes are ideal) 1/3 with the water.
- Place a violet flower face-down in each cube compartment. Freeze until firm.
- Remove tray from freezer and fill to 2/3, pressing flowers gently under the water if they float. Freeze until firm.
- Remove tray from freezer and fill to the top. Freeze until firm.