Wild Nettle & Cauliflower Soup
- Soups & Stews
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 to 4 cups nettle leaves
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blanch nettle leaves quickly in boiling salted water. Shock in ice water to preserve dark green color. Use tongs or wear gloves when handling raw nettles.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in a large baking pan and roast in 350 degree oven until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss whole, peeled garlic cloves in olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap in foil. Place in oven (along with the cauliflower, above) and roast until garlic is soft (20 to 25 minutes).
- While the vegetables are roasting, pour vegetable stock into a large soup pot and bring to simmer.
- When cauliflower and garlic are cooked, add to the vegetable stock and bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove allow soup to cool. Puree in batches in a blender, adding nettles as soup purees. Season with salt and pepper.