This is an easy, healthful recipe with very little fat. White whole wheat is a whole-grain flour made from a white wheat berry.
- 4 to 5 large, tart apples (preferably a combination of several different varieties)
- powdered cinnamon to taste
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons plain soymilk or rice milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Preheat oven to 375°F
- Core and slice the apples.
- Place apple slices evenly in a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients to make a thick batter.
- Pour batter over the apples.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes at 375°F.