- 2 apples, cored and sliced nearly to base
- 4 packaged caramels
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 quarts heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Place caramels in center of apples.
- Place apples in a small baking dish.
- Mix cinnamon, flour, ginger, brown sugar and butter, and top apples with mixture. Bake 35 to 45 minutes at 350˚ F.
- Top with caramel sauce and walnuts, and serve.
- Boil sugar and water until they reduce into a heavy syrup.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream. Hold over very low heat.