- 1 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1 quart boiling water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- generous dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- In a quart jar combine freshly minced ginger and water. Steep for 3 hours.
- Strain liquid into a large pitcher; add the lemon and pineapple juice.
- Stir in the nutmeg. Taste and add sugar if desired.
- Serve over ice cubes.
This makes a wonderful non-alcoholic drink, but it also is very good as a cocktail: For every 8 ounces of ginger beer add 1 1/2 ounces of light rum.