Peconic Bay Scallops With Grapefruit & Yam
- 1 medium yam, peeled and quartered
- 1 grapefruit, juiced
- salt and aleppo pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 Peconic Bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 6 quinoa crackers
- 1 bunch cress
Preheat oven to 300˚F
- In a medium pot, place yams and cover with water. Boil until the yams are fork tender.
- Drain the yams and place on a sheet tray. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes to dry.
- In a high-powered drink blender, combine the cooked yams and the juice from one grapefruit. Blend to a smooth paste and season with salt and aleppo pepper.
- Heat a medium frying pan and sear the Bay scallops. Add butter to brown the pan and cook for about 45 seconds.
- Spread a dollop of the yam purée onto a serving plate. Place scallops on top of the purée.
- Garnish with a small piece of cress and broken quinoa cracker.