- Soups & Stews
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled potatoes
- 6 cups broth stock (vegetable or poultry)
- 3 cups thinly sliced leek
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- kelp or garlic salt to taste
- soy sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- chopped parsley
- Place potatoes and stock in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Stir in 2 cups of sliced leek and simmer 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Puree the potatoes mixture in a food processor and return to pan.
- Add milk or half-and-half to the puree. Reheat the soup and season with kelp or garlic powder and soy sauce. Allow to simmer.
- Saute 1 cup of the sliced leek in oil until tender. Add to soup. Serve garnished with parsley.