Quinoa With Wild Spring Greens
Making this delicious, flavorful salad when the wild greens burst forth in the spring is a wonderful way to welcome the new growing season. This is a gluten-free all-vegetable dish. Grain salads can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (raw and organic, if possible)
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced field garlic and Egyptian onion greens
- 2 cups minced mixture of chickweed, sweet cicely (leaf and tender stem), daylily shoots and garlic mustard leaves
- 2/3 cup apple mint, fine mince
- handful of fresh violet flowers
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except violets. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for about an hour.
- Mix well again, serve.
Garnish with violets or other edible flowers.