Rhubarb and Dried Cranberry Chutney
- Sauces & Condiments
- 6 pounds rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Widmark clover honey
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon diamond kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 2 1/2 cups celery (1/2-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Trim the rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a colander over a bowl.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and macerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, cook the honey, cranberries, vinegar, red wine, mustard seeds, salt and spices over medium heat until syrupy.
- Add red onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rhubarb and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Chutney is done when rhubarb is just done but not reduced to mush.
- Add orange zest and jalapeno and stir to heat through.
Chutney is best served at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.