Sour Cherry Salsa
- Sauces & Condiments
- 2 1/4 cups fresh sour cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion (about half of a small red onion)
- 1 large fresh jalapeño, seeded, ribs removed, finely chopped (reserve some seeds, add to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix chopped cherries with the sugar until the sugar is evenly distributed and dissolved.
- Add onion, jalapeño, orange juice, cilantro and salt and mix well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.