Summer Ricotta Toast
- Side dishes
- 4 thick slices of grilled sourdough
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- handmade ricotta
- 2 ears of grilled corn, shucked off cob
- 1 bunch of ramps, thinly sliced
- a few sliced cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest of half a lemon
- a pinch or two of chili flakes
- 2 sprigs of marjoram
- Brush the sourdough bread generously with olive oil. Grill or toast in a hot skillet.
- Spoon ricotta on toast.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, cherry tomatoes, ramps, lemon zest, chili flakes and marjoram. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture on top of ricotta.
Garnish with more zest, marjoram and pepper.
At chef/owner Jamie Parry’s roadside restaurant the crème fraîche, ricotta and labneh, are always homemade, and why not, when it’s so easy to ferment milk and cream. This particular ricotta toast recipe has been “in [his] pocket for a long time.” Seasonal ingredients like corn (freshly shucked from the cob) and ripe cherry tomatoes are combined with refreshing lemon zest and herbs and spices for a light summer variation.