Vegetarian Lentil Soup
- Soups & Stews
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup leaf spinach, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Roma tomatoes, or fresh
- olive oil
- 9 cups vegetable broth
- Saute onion, celery, carrots, butternut squash in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add garlic, leaf spinach, Roma tomatoes and lentils to the pot and sauté 5 minutes until vegetables are tender to the touch.
- Add vegetable stock or water and vegetable base. Cook over medium heat 45 minutes or until lentils are soft.